The makerspace provides a creative workshop and studio space for students at MIND + HAND. We promote design and technology-focused learning experiences by providing workshops on topics such as 3D modelings, electronics, and coding. Along with workshops, we have open-shop hours for students to create projects that interest them by using the various materials, tools, and technologies we have stocked in our makerspace.
More than anything though, our makerspace is a place for collaboration with peers, a place to experiment without fear of “messing up,” and a place to learn with supportive mentors and makers. We invite you stop in and build something—to tinker with fun materials—to relax and have fun.
Our Tools & Equipment
Here is a brief list of what is available for use in the IDEA BOX:
- Arthorbot Brother 3D Printer
- Prusa i3 MK2 3D Printer
- 3D Doodler Pens
- X-Carve CNC Router
- Vinyl Cutter & Heat Press
- Airbrushing Booth
- Electronics Table
- Various Electric & Non-Electric Hand Tools
- 27” iMAC
- 50” Samsung Smart TV
- Yneex Typhoon H Drone
- Makey Makeys
- Chibtronics Paper Circuit Materials
- Pens, Pencils, Markers, Crayons, Sharpies
- Tons of tape
- Lots of hot glue guns!
- We also keep plenty of other materials on hand to fuel your creative projects
Hours & Schedule
The makerspace is open during our normal hours of operation (M-F 9:00AM–8:00PM), but only for use of our “low-tech” tools and to access all the different materials our space has to offer.
If you want to use our 3D printers, X-Carve, or Vinyl Cutter, you’ll need to get trained on how they work. You have two options for that:
1. Drop in during one of the days/times below to talk with our Makerspace Coordinator, Tony Landek.
2. Reach out to Tony directly to setup a time to come by the makerspace to get trained on a machine(s). This is the preferred method!